|Arrival Day||09 July - 6 August 2024|
|Age Range||12 to 17|
|Location||Harrow School, Harrow-on-the-Hill|
|Accommodation||Harrow School Boarding House - single & limited shared rooms for younger students (shared bathrooms)|
Harrow School Highlights
- Founded in 1572 under a Royal Charter granted by Queen Elizabeth I and with over 400 years of history, Harrow School has been synonymous with wealth & privilege for centuries - it is indeed one of the most prestigious boarding schools in Britain.
- A 300-acre estate, with breathtaking views over London, combining traditions with modern-day use of the historical Fourth Form Room and Speech Room; state-of-the-art facilities including a sports center, tennis courts, an indoor swimming pool, water polo, a drama theatre, an athletics track and a 9-hole golf course.
- Follow in the footsteps of the Giants of Old, to live like one of the famous Harrovians: the poet Lord Byron, former British Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill, the first Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, King Hussein of Jordan and many other elites from around the world.
- The boarding house is securely locked at all times and only KKCL students and members of staff have access. We will have our dedicated House Master and House Parent on hand to look after our students throughout the stay. The boarding houses are connected to our main academic centre at John Lyon's via a short walk through the picturesque village of Harrow-on-the-Hill.
- Only 20 minutes away from Central London and 30 minutes away from Heathrow Airport.
A typical week at KKCL Harrow School Boarding House
Our Harrow School boarding houses are at the heart of the KKCL Harrow School experience. It is here where you will make new friends, sleep surrounded by the history and successes of generations of Harrovians before you, have the welcome and support of our House Master and House Parent, and settle into your new boarding school life!
During your induction, you are put into a ‘house’ to help you mix and make friends from all over the world - you will compete against each other to see which ‘house’ is the best. This is how many British boarding schools are organised to create a dynamic and fun school environment.
The boarding houses and classrooms are all located in the exclusive suburb of Harrow-on-the-hill, all of the world-class facilities that Harrow School has to offers are located in close proximity. Our sports activities range from swimming in an indoor pool to rock climbing and Harrow Fives inter-house competitions. A masterclass is also arranged at the Fourth Form Room where Harry Potter scenes were filmed, during which you will compete in your ‘houses’ to practise your English and learn about the fascinating history of Harrow School at the same time!
Everyday school starts with the House Master’s ‘Bill Call’ - Harrow terminology for roll call, then breakfast is served in the Harrow School Dining Hall where freshly prepared English-style breakfast is served with a range of hot drinks. You will then head off to either a full day of lessons or an exciting excursion.
After dinner, you will take part in fun evening activities, including British Culture Night, the KKCL Disco and BBQ party. At the end of a 2-week programme, the Graduation Ceremony is held in the Speech Room, where Winston Churchill made his famous speech. This is followed by a formal supper or BBQ party to celebrate your graduation!
LONDON - HARROW SCHOOL
Make an Online Booking
|Valid Until||Voucher Code*|
|Free registration, visa administration and accommodation booking fee when booking online||N/A||Not required|
|Super early bird discount, save 20% and enjoy free cancellation up to 91 days before your course starting date||150 days prior to arrival||EB20|
|Early bird discount, save 10%||90 days prior to arrival||EB10|
*The voucher code can be used on the booking form, discount will be calculated automatically on checkout.
|Check-in for this programme is every Tuesday|
|Transportation options can be added to your booking|
|Arrival Dates||Possible Departure Dates|
The programme price includes:
> 15 hours of Go Create! English lessons per week
> Staying in one of Harrow School’s traditional British boarding houses with full board included
> 2 hours English Masterclass in the historical Speech Room / Harry Potter’s 4th Form Room
> Specially arranged guided Harrow School Tour including Old Speech Art Room Gallery, Speech Room, Museum of Harrow Life and Vaughan Library
> Full use of Harrow School sport facility - tennis courts, football fields, sport halls, squash courts, heated indoor swimming pool, basketball courts, rugby fields and volleyball courts
> Formal suppers in Harrow School’s Dining Hall
> BBQ party on Shepherd Churchill Balcony
> Graduation ceremony and KKCL's British Council Accredited English Language Certificate
> Excursions to London
> Visit to Oxford / Cambridge / Brighton / Bath (once per week)
> Fun and educational evening activities & disco party
> Weekly laundry service
> Evening snack and drink daily
> WiFi internet access
Tickets to London attractions such as Madame Tussauds, The London Eye and London Dungeons can be added to the excursion programme at an additional per-attraction cost.